As per the Schedule ‘C’ of NIT Statutes the role and responsibilities of the Dean (Faculty Welfare) is to advice the Director in matters related to:
- Deputation of faculty to various institutions under Quality Improvement Programme.
- Advice the Director for deputation of the faculty members to various conferences, seminars, short-term courses, training programmes, foreign teaching/training assignments etc.
- Chair the committee meetings of the evalution of papers submitted or to be submitted to the conferences / seminar by the faculty members.
- Assist the Director in organizing training programmes for faculty.
- Assist the Director in the supervision of the construction and the maintenance work of buildings, roads, water supply, sanitation, lawns and gardens, communication networks, water coolers, air conditioners, telephones, etc.
- Assist the Director in maintaining the discipline and work ethos among the various departments and between the faculty members.
- Assist the Director in maintaining the high academic standards and achieving academic excellence in the institution.
- Supervision over faculty discipline, integrity and commitment.