As per the schedule ‘C’ of NIT statutes the role and responsibilities of the Dean (Research & Consultancy) is to conduct activities throughout the year are as follows:
- Frame rules for industrial sponsored research and consultancy.
- Create and maintain database regarding faculty expertise.
- Facilitate through his/her office faculty in procuring equipments necessary to conduct research/consultancy work, recruitment of project staff.
- Coordinate co-curricular activities (technical festivals, quizzes etc.) for the students.
- Provide guidance for submitting proposals to funding agencies such as Departments of Science and Technology (DST), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR&DB), Ministry of Information Technology, etc.
|Sl. No.||Name||Responsibility||Phone No.||Email|
|1||Prof. Raman Parti||Deanemail@example.com|
|2||Dr. Varun||Associate Dean(Research Projects & Collaborations)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. Kuldeep Kumar Sharma||Associate Dean(Consultancy Projects and Testing)||email@example.com|
|Sl. No.||Name||Responsibility||Phone No.||Email|
|Sh. B. R. Sharma||Assistant Registrarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Smt. Sangeeta|| Sr. Stenographer || 254097 ||email@example.com |
Research Project and Collaboration Rules and Formats
Highlights of Sponsored Research Projects
The institute encourages Academic Staff to undertake Sponsored projects from various funding agencies. The Rules/Guidelines have been framed to create conducive research environment in the Institute. Similarly, the industrial assignmentsare to be undertaken only in the domain of specialization and all types of industrial assignment shall be treated as Industrial Consultancy. The New Rules/Guidelines for “Sponsored Research Project and Industrial Consultancy and TestingProjects are implemented in the Institute. Sponsored Research Projects have been sanctioned by the various agencies/organizations of the Central and State Government viz. DST, SERB, DRDO, CSIR, ICSSR, HIMCOST, RMSA, Disaster Management,Municipal Corporation and others. The detail of the sanctioned projects is as under:
| International Capacity Building Project BReUCom Word Pdf |
PUBLICATIONS AND PATENTS
In the present context where globalization has become a reality one needs to have autonomy with accountability. One need to develop the competence to make ethical and value added decisions and should be directed towards the institutional commitment. It consists of two major components (i) Quality of Teaching and (ii) Contribution towards generation of knowledge (Research) and these two aspects should be pursued together. Those who choose this path with a selfless attitude have found success and every goal fulfilled. The NITH need to set a benchmarks in terms of student satisfaction level, number of publications, citations, awards, sponsored projects and contribution to institutional management towards brand building, extension activities, revenue generation etc. Today the quality of publication and citations is measured by converting them into business propositions like patents, copyrights, involvement in national development activities etc. The National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (HP) is providing many facilities for the students and faculty to engage themselves in research activities. The Institute has fully fledged research labs, where the students and faculty take forward their research activities. The research work of faculty and students is well accepted in national and international forums. The research publications are mostly in SCI, SCIE, Scopus, Web of Science etc. well indexed Journals and Conferences. Faculty members have also written/ edited books and book chapters under various international publishing houses. The number of research publications and the patents filed by the faculty members of the institute are as given below.
Incubation, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Cell (IIEC)
Intellectual Property Rights Cell (IPR)
|Name||Responsibility||Phone No. (01972)||Email|
|Dr. Manoranjan Rai Bharti||Faculty Incharge (IIEC & IPRC)||firstname.lastname@example.org |
Incubation, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Cell (IIEC) of NIT Hamirpur has been established. Innovative Research Incubation Club (IRIC) is a club for NITH students, which aims to provide a multi-vibrant interdisciplinary platform.
The aims and objectives of the IPR cell are as:
- Drafting of an Institute IPR policy.
- Conducting of IPR awareness programs in the institute such as workshops, seminars and training course.
- Creating suitable course material in order to emphasize the importance of IP rights and introducing IPRs as part of academic curriculum as well as making it an integral part of the curriculum in the institute.
- To create an awareness about IPR for faculties and students of the Institute.
- To impart training on future endeavors regarding patent filing processes.
- To create an opportunity for Product Development and Commercialization.
Notices and Announcements
All faculty members of NIT Hamirpur are encouraged to submit quality project proposals to various funding agencies viz. DST, SERB, DRDO, CSIR, and others.