NIT Hamirpur strongly believes that every human being comes with some inherent talents, which help them to develop leadership quality alongwith academic knowledge. With this belief, the Institute provides adequate platform to its students for personality development extracurricular activities like NCC, NSS, Literacy Club, students’ chapters for professional societies, various technical, cultural & sports clubs. Some of the activities undertaken throughout the year by office of Dean (Student Welfare) are as follows:
- Processing scholarship cases of B.Tech/M.Tech & Ph.D students.
- Aware students about the special scholarship schemes to the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC Students.
- Organises annual Cultural and Technical Festivals
- Helps students to participate in sports activities within & outside the Institute.
- Counsels such students who face problems related to study in terms of language etc. and in this order arranges lectures for students to maintain balance between studies and challenges of life.
- Students of the campus are regulated by Student Conduct and Disciplinary Code as well as Rules & Regulation for Hostelers.
- Ensures Ragging Free environment under the “NIT Hamirpur Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in institute”.
- Grievances of students related to academic matters are promptly & effectively redressed by Students Grievance Redressal Cell.
- Provide basic medical facilities within the Institute and ambulance service for outside medical treatment.
- Provide the cover of Students Safety Insurance Policy to all its students.
- The Institute remains in touch with its Alumni. Alumni Association of the Institute organizes Alumni Meet annually.
- Institute Magazine namely “Srijan” printed every year before the end of Academic Session.
- Ensures implementation as well as achievements of Govt. of India initiatives like Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat, Digital India missions etc.
- Issues Railway concession forms to the outside state students of the Institute during summer and winter vacations