What We Do:
- 1. CLASSES: Literacy Mission follows a 5-day week for academics. The children are tutored by volunteers every evening, from 6 to 7:15 PM, on a wide array of topics ranging from school work to general knowledge. Financial aid is provided in the form of school fees and necessary stationary items for those in need.
- 2. EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: Saturday is activity day in Literacy Mission. Starting at 6 PM, the children are taught Computer courses, Crafting, Soft Skills and Moral Values through engaging activities and games, up until 7:15 PM. They are also encouraged to read magazines and novels every week.
- 3. SPORTS: Every Sunday morning, from 6 to 8:30 AM, the volunteers and the children meet in the campus ground, where the children are introduced to various sports like volleyball, cricket, basketball,etc;
- 4. CLOTHES DISTRIBUTION: Seasonal clothes are distributed among the children and their families to help them better prepare for the harsh weather conditions.
- 5. HEALTH CARE & NUTRITION:Nutritional Refreshments are provided to the children every alternate day. In addition, a Health Camp is organised annually in order monitor every child's health and to create awareness about health & hygiene among both the children and their parents.
- 6. FESTIVAL CELEBRATIONS: In Literacy Mission, every national and cultural festival is celebrated along with the children. Raksha Bandhan, मातृ-पितृ पूजन दिवस, to name a few.
- 7. EVENT PARTICIPATION: Apart from PRAYAS,GYANMANTHAN and SPARDHA, active participation of kids in various institutional events such as Hill'ffair and अभ्युदय is ensured.
- 8. CAREER GUIDANCE & MOTIVATION: It is given by the volunteers on a regular basis so as to to motivate the children to set life goals and to achieve them. Moreover, various guests are also invited by Literacy Mission to deliver lectures to the kids.