What We Do:
- 1.EDUCATION: Daily evening classes from 4:45pm to 6:15pm by the student volunteers of NITH, which involves computer courses and soft skill development courses, moral classes by faculty members & preparation for competitive exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, Navodaya, CPMT, and NTSE etc.
Financial aid is provided in the form of school fees and necessary stationery items.
- 2.SPORTS: Opportunities of learning different sports and platforms to hone exceptional talent are provided to children at Literacy Mission NITH.
Yoga and Pranayama sessions are organized daily in the morning.
- 3. EXTRA-CURRICULAR: Singing, dancing, painting and other literary competitions are conducted among children to groom their literary and confidence levels.
- 4.CLOTHES DISTRIBUTION: Seasonal clothes are distributed among the children and their families to help them survive against harsh weather conditions.
- 5. HEALTH CARE & NUTRITION:Creating awareness about health and hygiene not only among the children but also their parents through Health awareness camps.
Nutrition and protein supplements are provided to children regularly.
- 6. FESTIVAL CELEBRATION: Celebration of all national and cultural festivals by the Literacy kids together with student volunteers and faculty members.
- 7.EVENT PARTICIPATION: Active participation of kids in various institutional events such as Hill'ffair (Annual cultural extravaganza of NITH),'PRAYAS', the Annual cultural-cum-charity event of Literacy Mission and 'Abhyuday', event organised by Hindi Samiti on Hindi Divas is ensured.