The Women Cell at National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur was established to ensure the dignity of women at work place.
Objectives of the Cell
- To facilitate a gender-sensitive and congenial working environment at NIT Hamirpur so that women employees and female students are not subjected to gender specific discrimination or sexual harassment.
- To heighten awareness and sensitivity to this important issue amongst all concerned.
What Constitutes Sexual Harassment
The definition of sexual harassment in the Sexual Harassment Act is in line with the Supreme Court's definition in the Vishaka Judgment and includes any unwelcome sexually determined behaviour (whether directly or by implication) such as:
- Physical contact and advances.
- Demand or request for sexual favours.
- Sexually coloured remarks, showing pornography.
- Any other unwelcome physical verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
Procedure to File/Report a Complaint
The complainant will have to submit a written and signed complaint addressed to the Women Cell.
Any woman employee academic/ non-academic (including contractual, casual and temporary) and female student of NIT Hamirpur can approach the Cell.
Contact Email ID:
NOTE: A baseless complaint will adversely affect the credibility of the complainant.