|Name||:||Ar. Pappal Suneja|
Awards & Honors
Awards and Honors:
1.Ar. Pappal Suneja Awarded Best Architectural Thesis 2016 at 70th Event of A3 Foundation, Chandigarh held on 19th November 2016 (A3F is a foundation that promotes Sustainable Art and Architecture)
2. Won, Best Poster Award at National Conference on Advanced Material Processing and Characterization (NCAMPC-2016) for the paper “A Critical Review of Energy Efficient Building Materials in India”.
3. Thesis Proposal “Cost Efficient Fenestrations Case Study: Slum Rehabilitation, Kathputli Colony, New Delhi” Published at online portal ‘wfm.co.in’
“Footprints of Aesthetic Sensitivity in Architecture”- Published in Book “Built Environments Exploring Liveability in Tangible Spaces: Indu Book Services; New Delhi, ISBN No. 978-81-9311-020-1, pp-140-146.
Paper Writings, Presented:
1. Paper: “A Positive Approach Towards Resource Optimization”- Presented at NICHE 2014- Neo International Conference On Habitable Environments organized by IIA PB-CHD chapter (31st -2nd Nov’14); Proceedings Published by White Falcon Publishers with ISBN No. 978-1-63415-470-3, pp.19-24.
2. Paper: “A Radiant Revolution towards Rehabilitation of slum Settlements” (Co-Author: Ar. Amy) - Presented at NCRC’15- National Conference on Re-discovering Cities Organized by IIA CHD-PB Chapter on 10-11th April’15 at MM University, Ambala); Proceedings Published by Saurabh Medical Publishers , CHD with ISBN No. 978-93-81910-36-8, pp.206-213.
3. Paper: “Regional Architecture: A Critical Appraisal in the Age of Globalization” (Co-Authored with Ar. Amy) – presented at UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Regional Architecture (19th to 20th Feb’16) held at Guru Nanak Dev. University, Amritsar.
4. Paper: “A Critical Review of Green Architecture: a Dynamic Appraisal towards Growth of India” (Co-Author: Er. Beena Kumari) - Presented at Civil Engineering Conference- Innovation for Sustainability (CEC – 2016, 9th-10th Sep’16) Organized by Department of Civil Engineering, NIT-Hamirpur.
Paper Writings, International Journals:
1. Paper: “Self-Sustainable Use of Solid Waste for a Green Economy”- Published in Vol. 1, Special Issue 1 (2014) of International Journal of Civil Engineering with e-ISSN: 1694-2280 | p-ISSN: 1694-2396, pp.42-44.
2. Paper: “A Critique on the Under-explored Sustainable Building Materials in India” (Co-Authored with Er. Beena Kumari) – Published in IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE) e-ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320–334X, pp.59-65.
3. Paper: “Crime And Urban Environment: An Exploratory Study Of Spatial Design And Security” (Co-Authored with Ar. Parul) – Published in International Journal of Habitat and Design, May 2016 (IJHDE), ISSN No. 2395-5309, Vol. 2 Issue 1.
Paper Writings, Published in National Conferences:
1. Paper: “Need of Transportation Planning in Amritsar”- ( Co-Author: Ar. Amy) Published in Conference Proceedings of NCUIAI’15- National Conference on Urban and Architectural Interventions held at Singhad College of Architecture, Pune on 18-19th February?15, ISBN No. 978-81-929293-0-9, pp. 75-79.
2. Paper on “Green Architecture” (Co-Authors: Ar. Amy and Er. Beena M. Vashisht) - Published in Proceedings of National Conference on Innovation without limits in Civil Engg.-2016 (18th to 19th March’16), Sponsored by TEQIP-II (World Bank Assisted: Technical Education Quality Improvement Program Phase II) and held at Jawaharlal Nehru Govt. Engg. College, Sundernagar, Mandi.
3. Paper: “Smart City Development via Neighborhood Design- a Case of Amritsar City” (Co-Authors: Ar. Parul and Ar. Amy) - Published in Commemorative Proceedings of Conference on Architects and Smart Cities Mission, held at PHD Chambers; New Delhi (11th to 12th April’16) and Jointly Organized by IIA Northern, Haryana, H.P, Punjab, U.P, Uttrakhand Chapters.
4. Paper: “A Critical Review of Energy Efficient Building Materials in India” (Co-Author: Er. Beena M. Vashisht) - Published in Conference Proceedings of National Conference on Advanced Material Processing and Characterization (NCAMPC-16, 27th May 2016) Organized by Department of Applied Sciences-UIE, Chandigarh University under the aegis of American Chemical Society.
Paper Writings, Published in Books:
1. Paper: “Footprints of Aesthetic Sensitivity in Architecture”- Published in Book “Built Environments Exploring Liveability in Tangible Spaces: Indu Book Services; New Delhi, ISBN No. 978-81-9311-020-1, pp-140-146.
Article Writings, Published at Online Portal:
1. Article: Thesis Proposal “Prof. Anil Laul – A Pioneer of Indigenous Architecture in India” Published at ‘architecturelive.in’ .
2. Article: Thesis Proposal “Cost Efficient Fenestrations Case Study: Slum Rehabilitation, Kathputli Colony, New Delhi” Published at ‘wfm.co.in’ .
Article Writings, Magazine - Architecture Update:
1. Article: “A Positive and Fruitful Approach towards Sustainability” Published in Architecture Update Magazine November 2013 ‘Emerging Talents: Homework’ Issue.
2. Article: “Key Aspects and Challenges of Heritage Conservation” Published in Architecture Update Magazine December 2014 ‘Heritage Conservation’ Issue.
3. Article: “Sustainable Urban Development via Neighborhood Design” (Co-Authored with Ar. Parul) Published in Architecture Update Magazine July 2015 ‘Young Designers’ Issue.
4. Article: “Earthy Building Envelope - Redefining Luxury at Sagara Resorts” Published in Architecture Update Magazine September 2015 ‘Building Facades’ Issue.
Article Writings, NASA Newsletters:
1. Article: “Approach towards Sustainability”- Published in Second NASA Newsletter (Thoughts! Papers! Scissors!) - Theme Cost Effectiveness, January 2013 Issue; Published with ISBN No. 978-81-924268-0-8, pp.7-8.
2. Article: “Diverse Shades of Transformation”- Published in Third NASA Newsletter (Thoughts! Papers! Scissors!) - Theme Transformations, June 2014 Issue; Published with ISBN No. 978-81-924268-2-2, pp. 32-33.
Article Writings, Convention/Fest Magazines:
1. Article: “Criticism v/s Popularism” Published in 56th annual NASA Convention Magazine, January 2013.
2. Article: “Diverse Shades of Contextuality” Published in 56th annual NASA Convention Magazine, January 2013.
3. Article: “Creating One’s Own Rational Identity”- Inclusive of e-Magazine: Spectroscopia: ZONASA, March 2014.
4. Article: “Magnificent Footprint of Stambh in Architecture”- Published in Aratrika-NIT Patna ?September 2014 Zonal NASA Convention Magazine.
5. Paper: “Cost Cutting Approach for Environmental Sustainability” – Published in Cognizance IIT Roorkee Journal, pp.7-10.
Declaration: I hereby declare that the information provided above is true to the best of my knowledge and nothing has been concealed.
Dated: Dec’22 2016
Expert Talks: Ar. Pappal Suneja organized a Workshop on Architectural Journalism on 5th Nov'2016 at ASKEW: ZONASA Convention held at Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad. The Workshop was attended by about 100 Students from Various Colleges of North India namely NIT-H, MITS Gwalior, Chandigarh University, ITM Gwalior, RIMT, MBM Jodhpur, CT School, DTU Noida etc.
Selection Committee Member