Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) scheme is an initiative of MHRD (Govt. of India) to provide an opportunity to teaching fraternity as well students of institute of higher learning nationwide to learn and share knowledge with experts from worlds known academic institutions and industries. The GIAN program is envisaged to identify and work on cutting edge areas of science and technology in order to address the regional as well as national issues in the larger interest of the people. Further, these academic programs will not only develop high quality learning/ research material in the niche area's to larger body of students and teaching fraternity but will provide a platform to have an effective collaborative teaching/ research programs founded on traditional and modern scientific methodology. National Institute of Technology Hamirpur is going to organize three courses under GIAN-MHRD scheme from Feb. 2016 to June 2016. Proposed programs address the issues related to:
- climate change impact on water resources
- landslide hazards in hilly terrain
- biomedical applications of the nanomaterials. International and national faculty, from renowned universities and institutes worldwide, with expertise in said area's has been invited for the successful execution of the program. The program will be live webcasted for wider audiences. Upcoming Courses Under GIAN
"Structural Health Monitoring by Full-Field Measurement Techniques and Simulation Models"
Download GIAN Brochure List of participant of the course on "Structural Health Monitoring by Full-Field Measurement Techniques and Simulation Models"
- Govt. of India approved a new program titled Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) in Higher Education aimed at tapping the talent pool of scientists and entrepreneurs, internationally to encourage their engagement with the institutes of Higher Education in India so as to augment the country's existing academic resources, accelerate the pace of quality reform, and elevate India's scientific and technological capacity to global excellence.
- In order to garner the best international experience into our systems of education, enable interaction of students and faculty with the best academic and industry experts from all over the world and also share their experiences and expertise to motivate people to work on Indian problems, there is a need for a Scheme of International Summer and Winter Term. During the 'Retreat' of IITs with Minister of Human Resource Development Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani on 29th June, 2014 at Goa, it was decided that "A system of Guest Lectures by internationally and nationally renowned experts would be evolved along with a comprehensive Faculty Development Programme not only for new IITs, IIMs, IISERs but also other institutions in the country.
For Further Information Click the Link :-www.gian.iitkgp.ac.in